Terms & Conditions
LAST UPDATED: August 1, 2019
1. The word “Management” as used herein shall mean J Productions, management, association or institute or its officers, agents or employees acting for it, in the management of the Total Home & Garden Show.
2. Eligible exhibits: Management reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any company or product for inclusion in the show and reserves the right to make booth changes or any other decisions or changes for the good of the show. Floor plan(s) and outdoor layouts are subject to change without notice.
3. Exhibit installation: Exhibitors must check in at show office first before initiating construction. Hours for building exhibits are TBD for Fall 2019. Please see Final Instructions.
4. Exhibit removal: Nothing will be allowed to leave the exhibit hall before the end of the show Sunday, the final day of the show. Removal hours are from the end of the show to 9:00 pm Sunday, October 20, and from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday, October 21 . Exhibits not completely dismantled and removed by 2:00 pm Monday, October 21 will be removed and all fees will be charged directly to the exhibitor by management. The exhibitor will be charged for any damages caused, i.e., removal of doors, water fountains, damage to grass, etc.
5. Labor/shipping: Exhibitors are responsible for providing or arranging all necessary labor in transporting, un-creating, erecting, dismantling, and re-creating, of displays.
6. Exhibit staffing: All exhibits must be staffed during show hours by at least one person. Exhibitors are requested to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show opening and must comply with union work rules when applicable. Union labor must be used where required.
7. Booth operation: Products may be sold from exhibit space. Management is not responsible for any and all damages or theft of merchandise or materials from contracted exhibition space. No exhibits shall extend beyond allotted space unless authorized in writing by management.
8. Limitation of liability: The exhibitor agrees to make no claim for any reason whatsoever, including negligence, against management, sponsors, its members or agents or employees or the lessors or owners of the show premises for loss, theft, damage or destruction of property, nor for any injury to the exhibitor or employees while at the site. Each exhibitor must purchase his own Insurance for the show and include J Productions, LLC. as an additional insured.
9. Defacing of building: Exhibitors are liable for any damage caused by fastening displays or fixtures to the floors, walls and standard booth equipment, or for damage caused in any other manner. Exhibitors may not apply paint and lacquer or use adhesives or any other coating to walls, floors and standard booth equipment.
10. Display dimensions: Maximum height for exhibits in booths along the indoor perimeter is 8 feet. Exhibitors in island booths wishing to go beyond 8 feet must submit display a sketch for management approval. Where an unfinished portion of an exhibit is exposed, the offending surface must be made presentable at the expense of the exhibitor.
11. Rejected displays: The exhibitor agrees that his or her exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely on strict compliance with rules herein. Management reserves the right to reject, eject or prohibit any exhibit in whole or in part, or any exhibitor and his or her representatives, with or without giving cause. If cause is not given, liability shall not exceed the return to the exhibitor the amount of rental fee unspent at the time of ejection. If an exhibit or exhibitor is ejected for violation of these rules or for any other stated reason, no return of rental shall be made.
12. Exhibitors’ insurance: At its sole cost and expense, the exhibitor shall carry and maintain during the period of any show, at which it exhibits, including move-in and move-out days, personal injury, property damage and theft coverage under a policy of general public liability insurance. By signing this contract, the exhibitor has complied specifically with insurance requirements.
13. Exhibitor representative’s responsibility: Each exhibitor must name at least one person to be his or her representative in connection with installation, operation and removal of exhibit. Such representative shall be authorized to enter into such service contracts as may be necessary, and for which the exhibitor shall be responsible. Management reserves the right to have the exhibit installed at the expense of the exhibitor if work has not commenced on installation by 3:00 pm of the day preceding the show opening.
14. Exhibit maintenance: Contracted janitorial services will sweep aisles and empty trash canisters. Exhibitors are responsible for keeping exhibits clean and orderly, notifying management of special or unusual maintenance needs within or adjacent to the exhibitor’s booth space. Trash must be placed in aisles for pick up at close of the show each evening.
15. Attendance: Management shall have sole control over attendance policies at all times.
16. Sound devices: The use of devices for mechanical reproduction of sound or music is permitted, but sound any kind must not be projected outside the confines of the exhibit booth.
17. Music in booth: Live or taped music is prohibited as part of an exhibit or display without written permission from an appropriate music licensing source i.e., BMI, ASCAP. Evidence of an agreement must be available for review upon request.
18. Rescheduling: If the show is not held within 365 days of the original dates, all Show fees will be returned, except as noted in Rule 19.
19. Cancellation: In the event that any outside cause - such as war, fire, strike or other emergencies - prevents the show from being held, management may retain such part of exhibitor’s rental fee as shall be required to recompense management for expenses incurred up to the time such contingency shall have occurred.
20. Subleasing: Exhibitors may not sublet their space, nor any part thereof, or invite other firms or individuals into their booth space without written prior approval of management.
21. Re-Assessment Fee: Should a vendor miss-represent their product in anyway while selecting their booth (i.e. for profit selecting a non-profit booth, or a re-seller choosing a handmade booth when items were not personally handmade) - we have the right to charge a re-assessment fee of $1,000. This fee will cover the cost of potentially moving booths, having to change marketing info, and potentially have to refund costumer gate entrance. This is an added fee on top of what was already paid and is due immediately or vendor will be potentially expelled from the event and all deposits and payment received thus far seized and unable to be refunded. Should any money still be owed to us, we will bill you and if we do not receive payment within 1 week of the event, we will take the appropriate legal actions.
21. Security: If necessary, the management will employ reputable security during the course of the show. The duty of the security will be to protect the general exhibit against fire or other catastrophes. Management, its sponsors and owners or lessors of the show premises will not assume any responsibility for the exhibitor’s personal property. It is suggested that the exhibitor insure his property against loss and theft.
22. Fire and safety Laws: Federal, state, county and city laws must be strictly observed. Cloth decorations must be flameproof. Wiring must comply with fire department and underwriter’s rules. Smoking in exhibits is forbidden. Crowding will be restricted. Exhibits cannot block aisles and fire exits. No decorations of paper, pine boughs, leafy decorations or tree branches are allowed.
23. Cancellation of exhibit space: In the event of cancellation, the $250 deposit is not refundable. The total booth rental fee is due 60 days prior to the show unless other arrangements with management have been made. In the event of cancellation, this booth space payment is non-refundable.
24. Collection: If legal action is initiated by management to collect an exhibitor’s past due amount, the exhibitor agrees to pay actual costs and expenses of collection in addition to court costs, reasonable attorney fees and interest at the maximum rate permitted by law.
25. Unoccupied space: In the event the exhibitor has failed to occupy the space contracted for by 3:00 pm the day before the show opening, management shall have the right to utilize such space in any manner it chooses. The exhibitor will not be entitled to a refund.
26. Representation: No representations are or have been made by the Management unless in writing.
27. Sales licenses: If an exhibitor plans to sell merchandise on the premises, the exhibitor shall be responsible for complying with city, county and state licensing and tax requirement.
28. Regulation compliance: An exhibitor shall utilize the premises in an orderly manner and in compliance with all present and future applicable federal, state and local statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
29. Amendments to Terms and Conditions: Any and all matters or questions not specifically covered by the preceding rules and regulations shall be subject solely to the decision of management. Management may amend these rules and regulations at any time and all amendments so made shall be binding on exhibitors equally with the foregoing rules and regulations.
Completion and submission of the Vendor Application Form acknowledges receipt, understanding and agreement of these terms.
If you have any questions about these terms, please write to J Productions at:
c/o J Productions
78 Cernon Street, Suite B
Vacaville, CA 95688